Tuesday 11 October 2011

Social Media Stats - Australia

I found some recent stats that I thought I'd share with you all today. These stats were produced by socialmedianews.com.au and relate to social media usage in Australia for the month of September...
  • Facebook – 10,628,600 users
  • Youtube – 9.9 million UAVs / mo
  • Blogspot – 4.6 UAVs / mo
  • WordPress.com – 2 million UAVs / mo
  • LinkedIn – 1.8 million UAVs / mo
  • Twitter – 1.6 million UAVs / mo
  • Google Plus – 622,050 Users
What I found fascinating is that Facebook is continuing to grow at amazing speed with over 100,000 new users in the last month. Where are they coming from!? It'd be interesting to find out what demographic these late adopters are coming from. Does anyone know?

More info available here: http://www.socialmedianews.com.au/social-media-statistics-australia-september-2011/

4 comments:

  1. It's impressive how social media platforms can still grow so much! Here are some global facts about Facebook I found recently if you're interested
    http://www.onlineschools.org/blog/facebook-obsession/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite interesting, especially considering G+ was launched not long ago!
    I don't have any idea where they are from, none of my friends suddenly joined FB so can't even give you an opinion of who I think they may be!
    Good work on finding the stats!
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder whether its because people are setting up multiple accounts with workplaces, groups of interest and of course the family pet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - very succinct! (Somehow mine always seem to go on for ages.) It's so interesting about the growth of Facebook... I think the growth is coming from mature aged people getting on the bandwagon... in the last few weeks I've sent and received friend invites from family friends, who a year or two ago I would have never thought to be on Facebook. And they're more active on me, they are often sharing, posting and updating their profile photo. Or maybe they are in the early stages where you can spend AGES of time on Facebook? Bless.

    ReplyDelete